Doctor Who is a British science-fiction TV series that airs on the BBC. The original version of the show began in 1963. It follows the adventures of a Time Lord called the Doctor, an extraterrestrial being that explores the British culture. Though there have been other runs of episodes during the course of time, the current version is entering into its latest season. If you want to watch this show, it is free over the air to watch. The catch is, you need to be in the UK to watch it. For those that are not or don’t have access to other versions, we can tell you how to watch Doctor Who outside the UK by using a VPN.
Quickstart Guide for Using a VPN with Doctor Who
If you want the quickest and easiest way to watch Doctor Who on BBC iPlayer, follow these steps.
- Sign up for ExpressVPN (includes a 30-day money back guarantee).
- Now, download and install the app on your favorite device.
- Once you have opened the client, locate a server in the United Kingdom.
- Open a browser and connect to the BBC iPlayer website.
- Watch and enjoy watch Doctor Who.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Doctor Who
Why is Doctor Who not available in my country? Why does it not show up on the library of streaming services in my country? Many companies have implemented geo-restrictions over the years. One reason for this is licensing rights. They may only be able to have the content available in certain regions of the world. Meanwhile, audiences have very different tastes and streaming services will curate content for each library. This may mean that your favorite show could be available to someone that lives in a different country.
ExpressVPN will help you get around this issue. It will change your IP address to another in a location of your choosing. This will also mask your current IP and help you appear in a different country. This will unblock the streaming service or the regional library and help you watch any show that you want. It will also help you gain access to other channels that may not be available in your region. Watch your favorite shows unrestricted with a VPN.
Popular Shows on BBC
After looking at those options, here’s a look at some of the other popular shows available on the BBC iPlayer besides Killing Eve. Below, we have them divided by category.
- Drama & Soaps – EastEnders, Our Girl, Hidden, Holby City, Poldark, Versailles, The Bridge
- Documentary – Celebrities of the NHS Frontline, The Misadventures of Romesh Ranganathan, Rich Hall’s Working for the American Dream
- Current Affairs – Panorama
- CBeebies – Hey Duggee, Bing
- Entertainment – Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone Fishing
- Comedy – Mock the Week
- CBBC – Tracy Beaker Returns, Hetty Feather
Of course, there are many other options. Those include sports, movies, news shows, and more. Remember, you have to register before you can use the iPlayer. You also need to be connected to a VPN first, or you will be geo-blocked.